Keeping track of employees’ attendance and work schedules manually can be time-consuming. One way to improve efficiency is by using online time and attendance software.
Below are reviews for 7 of the top online time and attendance software providers for SMEs in the UK. We have outlined their services and given price guidelines to help you decide what might work best for your business.
Fill out the form at the top of this page to let Expert Market UK help you find the best time and attendance system for your business, and compare prices. We will explore multiple avenues on your behalf, including other cloud-based or biometric solutions, as well as the type of software listed below.
Capita Workforce Management Solutions
Formerly known as Isys Group
Capita Workforce Management offer a range of software that enable businesses to run more efficiently. Their time and attendance software is used by more than 500 companies, with over 2 million UK workers being tracked by their system.
You will need to contact the company directly to obtain a quote tailored to your business.
• Various time-clocking methods including phone, web, and terminal
• Multi-site use if required
• Integrated overtime rates
• 2000 different types of holiday/sickness/absence
• Calendars for individual team members and departments
• Payroll integration
• 250 reports available
• Cost-centre and activity analysis to measure cost against labour
• Employee information presented in real time
• Reduced administration
• Day-to-day tasks can be automated
• Ensures your business is compliant with European Working Time Directives
• All-round view of employee time and attendance
• Increased accuracy of payroll data
Clocking Systems is a family-run business based in Leeds, and was established more than 30 years ago. They work with all sizes of business, from small start-ups with just a couple of employees, to big brand names such as WH Smith.
The company offers a free on-site demonstration of their software. They will discuss your business needs and provide a tailored quotation.
• Real time information on employees clocking in and out
• Recording of employee warnings or any discrepancies in attendance
• Leave and absence planners
• Employee shift rostering
• Supports a range of clocking options
• Unlimited number of employees, departments, and cost centres
• Fire roll call
• Multi-level password protection
• Access via web or intranet
• Links to payroll software
• Wide reporting capabilities
• Human resources module available
• Eases administration of personnel issues
• Complete view of employee time-keeping, absences etc
• Saves time and money by linking to payroll software
• Helps you to keep control of persistent late arrivers, and those with a high sick record
• Increases accuracy and efficiency of the HR department
Kronos operates from 3 offices in the UK, and was established in 1990. They work with businesses in a vast range of industries, including retail, manufacturing, transportation, professional services, and healthcare.
Pricing depends on your individual business needs, and the company will provide a quote based on these.
• Real-time information
• Cloud-based software
• Fully integrated modules, including HR, hiring, timekeeping and scheduling
• Facility to choose just one component if preferred
• Mobile app
• Pay only for the modules used (per employee per month fees)
• Improve workforce productivity
• Control labour costs
• Help your business to be compliant with various Directives
• No software to manage or update as Kronos carry out backups and updates on your behalf
• Ability to access all information on the go with their mobile app
• Cost-efficient payment methods allows control over your cash flow
Chronologic are one of the leading time and attendance providers in the UK, catering for both smaller and larger businesses. They were established in 1999 under the name Access-to-Time Ltd. but re-branded in 2014.
Their uAttend software is cloud-based and pricing plans start at £14.99 per month for up to 9 employees, and go up to £79.99 per month for 100+ employees. The company also offers a 30-day money back guarantee.
• Web-based software
• Various clocking options including telephone, web, and smartphone
• Unlimited employees
• Integrates with payroll
• Free time clock replacements
• No software to install
• Cloud-based system allows flexibility and remote working
• Increased payroll accuracy when combined with their ClearPAYE software
Stanley Security Solutions
This company is part of Stanley Black and Decker, and offers a range of integrated security and hardware solutions. They are ISO9001:2000 accredited, which means that they focus strongly on customer service from their national call centre.
The company will need to be contacted directly for prices, and they also offer finance arrangements if required.
• Ability to monitor overtime, shift patterns, and holidays
• Reporting facilities
• Real time access to information
• Accurate payroll calculation
• Accessible for remote workers/managers
• Easily keep up-to-date with personnel sickness and timeliness
• Added security and accuracy regarding payroll
ADP UK is a long-established company that works with clients in the retail, manufacturing, and finance industries. Established in 1965, the company offers its services to businesses of all sizes.
You will need to contact the company for pricing details.
• Web-based software
• 24/7 remote access
• Imports information automatically into payroll software
• Real time information
• Reporting facilities
• Secure information that is automatically backed-up
• Saves time and money
• Make more informed HR decisions
• Enhanced scheduling of staff duties to ensure work is completed efficiently
• Helps you to eliminate time fraud
• Spend time on making sales rather than monitoring staff
Elf Productivity Ltd
Elf Productivity Ltd operates from Lancashire, and helps more than 400 customers to monitor the time and attendance record of their employees. Their software, Ceequel, is both owned and developed in-house, meaning they offer customised features if necessary for your business.
A free quote is provided by the company on receipt of business details and needs.
• Calculations of overtime, flexitime and basic hours worked
• Labour planning and forecasting capabilities
• Shift rostering
• Holiday and absence management
• Detailed reporting
• Boosts clerical efficiency
• Reduces mundane administrative tasks
• Saves time
• Enhanced workforce management
If you would like to explore time and attendance system solutions further, Expert Market UK can help. Just fill out the form at the top of this page and we will conduct a tailored search to find the best suited system for your needs, then provide you with highly competitive quotes from leading suppliers nationwide, with no obligation to buy. Using our free service could save you up to 30%.